RI RPAC Fundraiser
2020 Goal: $105,000
RI RPAC – Shaping Our Future
The Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® Political Action Committee plays an important role in preserving the rights of home ownership and advancing the role that REALTORS® play in fulfilling the American dream. Investments in RI RPAC help us fight for legislation that benefits our industry and ultimately, our clients.
- To promote the economic growth of our state and the public interest of Rhode Islanders;
- To encourage and assist REALTORS® and others; to understand the nature, organization, and actions of the government and political parties; to understand important political issues; and to evaluate and understand the philosophies and records of office holders and candidates for elective office;
- To promote and strive for the improvement of government by encouraging, motivating, and educating REALTORS® and others; to take an active and effective part in governmental affairs in their chosen political party; and, in carrying out their civic responsibilities, to actively support such goals and efforts;
- To support the election of representatives in government who believe in the free enterprise system and private property rights;
- To support or engage in activities necessary or desirable in the attainment of the purposes stated above or other purposes adopted by the Committee and deemed worthy of such action.
Disclaimer – Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS® or any of its state associations or local boards will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. Seventy percent of each contribution is used by your state PAC to support state and local political candidates. Until your state PAC reaches its RPAC goal, 30 percent is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116; after the state PAC reaches its RPAC goal, it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.